Thank you for visiting my website.
The goal of WarrenChalklen.com is to build a community of activists for justice who are equipped with necessary diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies to impact their community, country and the world at large.
I recognize the problems associated with my positionality in the endeavour, especially my privilege as a White male. Nevertheless, I commit to full transparency, honesty, and collaboration in the pursuit. For this reason, I want to be open about my participation in the Amazon Affiliate program and why I monetise certain components of my website.
What is monetized?
- Most of the content is free on my site. However, when a person makes a purchase I receive a commission. This is because I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program and I host my online courses on a pay per course site.
- I also offer free and paid online courses related to diversity. When a visitor makes a purchase, I naturally receive a commission for this as well.
What is my rationale for monetizing my site?
It is important to me that I share my rationale for adding affiliate links and charging for my online courses.
- In order to spend more time supporting my family and other activists, I need a funding source to continue building a strong foundation for the work of others. Without it, progressive work will be out-funded and therefore drowned out by organized right wing voices.
- I will always strive to offer the visitor choice and respect their right to enjoy as much content as possible without trying to sell them anything. In short, if someone wants to purchase, then that is entirely up to them.
How does monetizing my site affect what I put on it?
This is a critical question. Especially in the world of loyalty to money over principles.
- I will not promote a book or course that I have not tried myself nor fully believe in.
- Work posted on this site is my own for the purpose of educating, building knowledge and practice. It is not influenced by any third party for capital gain.
- Where there is a conflict of interest or convergence of interest or bias, I will always be open and as transparent as I can in order to honor the reader with full disclosure.
Amazon Affiliate program
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Additional legal Information
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this site is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this site receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This website does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Thank you for visiting this site.
Yours in learning,
Warren Chalklen, PhD