This page contains the Video Transcriptions and image Descriptions of all the videos and images used within the “Anti-Racist Teaching Practices and Learning Strategies Workbook: Building anti-racist, anti-oppressive and decolonized teaching and learning practices through transforming knowledge, lesson preparation, classroom management, teaching strategies and assessment.” By Warren Chalklen, PhD and Gcobani Qambela, PhD.
This page is provided to assist those who encounter difficulties in using the media used within the workbook. The transcriptions and descriptions appear in the same order that they appear within the workbook.
Click the links below to access the visual descriptions:
- Video Transcriptions and Image Descriptions for the Anti-Racist Teaching Practices and Learning Strategies Workbook (all docs)
- 1. Thanksgiving Story for Kids
- 2. Little Red Riding Hood
- 3. Whose knowledge is centered?
- 4. How Are We Positioned?
- 5. Black Lives Matter
- 6. Us and Them in the Media
- 7. Principles of Culturally Responsive Teaching
- 8. Equity, Antiracism, and Remote Teaching and Learning Strategies
- 9. Planning for Effective Classroom Management
- 10. Assessment for Social Justice